A You may be interested to know who is helping our seminars for the Invitation Week (March 17-24).
- Sunday March 17: Simon Manchester will speak at services.
- Monday March 18: Kirrily Agus and Jonathan Morris and Simon Manchester
- Tuesday March 19: A Paul Dudley, Andrew Eatough, Ali Macintosh B Nick Foord, Sam Darmo, Simon Manchester
- Wednesday March 20: Judy James, Geoff Barnum, Dr Russell Clark
- Thursday March 21: A (Author) Chris Cipollone, (Counsellor) Derek Higgo B A panel of those who understand loneliness
- Friday March 22: (Counsellor) Derek Higgo, Richard James
- Sunday March 24: Mike Clark will speak.
B In a week or two we will produce flyers to give to friends and to take to our parish. The aim of these seminars is to hear briefly from contributors (5-10 mins max) and then take questions.
We trust that the invitations will be well received – a practical gesture of kindness from St Thomas’.
But each seminar will also give opportunity to point to God’s truth and love – these will not be evangelistic seminars but perhaps pre-evangelistic.
Please pray for this initiative – we don’t expect you to attempt to attend too much but it would be good to have some people from St Thomas’ at each seminar and if you let the office know where you might attend we will be in a better position to plan and cater.
C The St Thomas’ Preschool has a fine voluntary Board – made up of myself, one or two parents, one or two advisors and of course the Director (Rosanna Hill). We have also had a wonderful Treasurer for a few years Diana Bazon (Slee). Diana is ready to hand the position over to a new Treasurer and there must be someone in the congregation with financial skills who would like to use their gifts for the oversight of the (wonderful Preschool) finances.
Please let me know if you are the person or can think of the right person – Diana will finish at the AGM on March 25th and I’m nervous.
D At Parish Council we gave thanks to God for all His provisions of people and funds and so many blessings – and we looked ahead to the priority of the building project. You will perhaps know that 95% of the building is done – roof and walls and windows – and the plan is to finish the vestry room (north east corner) and some fixing of the lawn near the church.
A big thank you to Peter Sheldon and Willi Schultheiss and the property committee for seeing this great project through. It is looking terrific.